Welcome to King Charles I Appeal Trust
*** STOP PRESS - APPEAL TRUST PRESENTS A NEW MINI BUS TO THE SCHOOL ***
The Appeal Trust is very proud to have been able to present a brand new mini bus to King Charles I School. It will be used right across the school for transportation to education and sports activities. The mini bus can seat up to 17 people, with options available to accommodate wheel chairs.
All grants made to the school have been made possible by past donations from parents and others.
The Appeal Trust is a registered charity set up in 1991 which is specifically aimed at providing extras for your son/ daughter's education. It is supported jointly by the Headteacher, Parents, and Governing Body.
The money raised is used to provide facilities which the Government does not normally fund. All of the money collected is used for purchases for the school, aiming to benefit as many students as possible.
Donations come directly from you as parents and careers, and from fundraising activities within school.
With your help - no matter how big or small - we can continue to provide equipment and events to benefit the whole school.
Recent grants include:
- Workshop from chef Simon Gray for over 50 year 10 catering students including a masterclass on butchering a whole chicken, presentation skills, skinning and filleting fish, and how to work professionally in a kitchen.
- At intake evening in July, reading books were given to the 180 Year 6 pupils making the transition to King Charles in September 2016.
- Workshops from the History Squad on the theme of World War 1 for Year 8 and the Norman invasion for Year 7
- Theatre company “le Théâtre volant” performed a comedy play in French for Year 7
- 2 presentation sessions from the very charismatic Roop Singh exploring the building blocks of Sikh faith
- Visit by Zoo Lab as part of National Science and Engineering day
- African drumming workshop culminating in a class performance for each year 7 class
- Poetry slam - lead by poets Spoz and Dreadlock Alien - with a focus on British values, to further build upon the enthusiasm and knowledge base that students already had regarding poetry.
Donations are appreciated at any time of the year and can be sent by cheque (payable to King Charles I School Appeal Trust) or by standing order.