Interested in becoming a teacher?
There are lots of reasons why you would want to train to be a teacher. At King Charles I School, our teachers are passionate about their subjects, thoroughly enjoy working with our students and know that they can and do make a difference to the lives of the students they teach.
At King Charles I School, high expectations combined with tight, robust behaviour systems ensures that every teacher can teach and every student can learn in calm, purposeful classrooms. This means that if you are on placement with us, you will be able to focus fully on your core purpose of learning to teach unhindered by bureaucracy or poor behaviour.
We work closely with the following teacher training providers:
- Haybridge Alliance SCITT
- Stourport SCITT & TSA
- University of Worcester, Institute of Education
Don’t just take our word for it. Read what our recent ITT students have to say:
- I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on placement at King Charles I School. The placement has challenged and developed my teaching philosophy and behaviour management strategies within the Physical Education environment. I received a vast amount of support from members of the Physical Education department, my professional mentor and especially my subject mentor. I have used their advice and support to reflect upon my teaching and make improvements throughout my time on placement.
Rebecca, PE ITT
- My time at King Charles I School was outstanding. The staff were incredibly supportive and friendly and I could not have asked for a better school to complete my first placement in. The behaviour policy is unique in terms of what I'm used to but does seem to have the desired effect. I enjoyed my time at King Charles 1 and feel I have learned a vast amount during this time.
Evan, Maths ITT
- My placement at King Charles was a valuable and enriching experience. The staff were very supportive and guided me in a positive manner that helped me gain confidence in the classroom. I learnt a lot from the teachers I observed in the school and thoroughly enjoyed teaching the pupils there. King Charles I School gave me a solid foundation for my teacher training and has highlighted to me the importance of high expectations in the classroom. This is something I hope to take with me in my future teaching practice.
Kenzie, History ITT
- I thoroughly enjoyed my time on placement at King Charles I School and I feel that the placement challenged and developed my ideas of teaching and learning and behaviour management within the classroom. I received an enormous amount of support from members of the science department, my professional mentor and especially my subject mentor and using their advice and support I was able to continually reflect and improve my teaching throughout the placement.
Harriet, Physics ITT
- I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement at King Charles I school. The support I have received from the professional mentor and especially my subject mentor have been invaluable. Across the history department and wider faculty all staff have been incredibly welcoming, supportive and have made me feel like I belonged. I couldn’t have wished for a better placement.
Nikki, History ITT
- My time on placement at King Charles has gone by so quickly. I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have been given the opportunity to observe a wide variety of lessons (including outside of my subject), to have training on relevant topics with a group of trainees all with different views and experiences, and to be fully supported by both my subject mentor and professional mentor. The organisation of the school is flawless from timetables to behaviour policies to workload. They have thought of everything carefully so that children get the best lessons and support, and teachers are able to work to be best of their ability but without undue stress. I cannot thank the school enough for getting me through my training. I will remember the staff and students with very fond memories.
Heather, Maths ITT
For further details on teacher training please click on the logos below: